“Easter Art at Glencairn” Tour
The Easter Art tour is available by appointment only.
Call 267.502.2993 or click here to request an appointment.
About the Tour
This one-hour guided tour features the Easter story illustrated through medieval works of art in stained glass, sculpture and painting. The biblical narrative involves tremendous sadness, followed by great joy; key episodes highlighted on this tour include the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, the Resurrection and the Ascension of Christ into heaven. Visitors also learn how Easter was celebrated at Glencairn by the Pitcairn family.
Please note: tours will not be available on:
- Sunday, March 18, 2018, due to the Elizabeth Pitcairn violin concert
- Sunday, April 22, 2018, due to the Sacred Arts Festival
- Thursday, April 26, 2018, due to the Homeschool Day
- Sunday, April 29, 2018, due to the Posaune Decouple trombone concert
- Saturday, May 26, 2018, due to the Les Canards Chantants vocal concert
- Sunday, October 28, 2018, due to the Medieval Festival
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018, due to the Christmas Sing concert
During "Christmas at Glencairn" the Easter Art Tour is available by appointment. "Christmas at Glencairn" runs from the day after Thanksgiving through approximately the first Sunday in January. The Museum will be closed to tours December 10 and 11, and 24 and 25, 2018.
The Museum will be closed:
- Sunday, April 1, 2018, due to Easter
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018, due to Independence Day
- Thursday, November 22, 2018, due to Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 10, 2018, due to the Christmas Sing concert
- Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25, 2018, due to Christmas